Belize Is Fun Blog

Ambergris Caye Accommodations & Amenities Provide Unforgettable Experiences

Posted by ECBR on Sep 6, 2012 9:16:56 AM

In the past, most people planned to vacation to a tropical paradise such as Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Martin, or the Cayman Islands. But lately, people have been considering the Best Island in the Americas: Ambergris Caye - a hidden gem in the entire Caribbean. The country is located on the north eastern coast of Central America, and neighbors both Mexico and Guatemala. Like most Caribbean islands, the country plays host to thousands of tourists every year. In particular, Belize's larger island, Ambergris Caye, is one of the most popular tourist locations due to the Exotic Caye Beach Resort. Not only does the resort offer amazing accommodations and amenities, but also unforgettable activities as well.

While Ambergris Caye is Belize's largest island, it's still only 25 miles (40 kilometers) long and only 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) wide. This means that visitors are treated to coastal views no matter where they look. This is especially true when staying at the Exotic Caye Beach Resort, which is located directly on the snow white beaches.

The Exotic Caye Beach Resort

The resort offers several room choices for travelers, all which include TV, Internet, maid, night security, a private boat dock, and free access to the resort's beach bar. Basic amenities, such as grocery stores, restaurants, and adventure tours are located nearby, but the resort does a great job of providing guests with everything they need without having to look else where. The perfect example of this are the snorkeling tours found here http://www.belizeisfun.com/snorkeling-and-diving-tours.htm.

As soon as visitors enter the island, they're surrounded by beautiful turquoise water that is home to hundreds of different aquatic animals. If the water alone isn't tempting enough to try snorkeling on Ambergris Caye, it is also the home to the second largest Great Barrier Reef in the world. In this one location alone, there are over 500 species of fish, nearly 40 soft corals, and 70 hard coral species. Even more impressive, the reef is so large that only 10 percent of it has been explored to date. The remaining 90 percent is still being discovered, allowing visitors a chance to venture into an unknown underwater aquarium that can't be experienced anywhere else other than while snorkeling on Ambergris Caye.

The diving tour starts off by taking snorkelers and divers to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, which is the most popular underwater location in the area. The water is 30 feet deep, but even those who don't feel comfortable swimming on their own will be able to experience the action. Guests are given all the equipment they need, including a surfboard with built in mask for those who would rather float above the surface. Those who prefer venture deeper should be sure to look out for moray eels, which live in the rocks and coral. If guests are lucky, they may even see a few sea turtles swim by.

Exotic Caye Beach Resort also offers guests a chance to visit the nearby Sand Bar, more commonly known as Shark Ray Alley. As the name implies, this area is a sandbar that is just eight feet deep, making it the perfect snorkeling spot for beginners. While fish commonly gather in the area, Shark Ray Alley is most known for the hundreds of sting rays that gather in the shallow water. The sting rays get so close that visitors can even reach out and pet them if they're feeling adventurous enough.

If that's not thrilling enough, Shark Ray Alley is also known to attract dozens of nurse sharks. This species is known for being non-aggressive, especially around humans, but still provides snorkelers with unforgettable memories and photo opportunities.

While there are dozens of locations guests can stay while on the island, none offer the same experiences as Exotic Caye Beach Resort. Between the comfortable rooms, oceanfront suites, nearby amenities, free bar access and the memorable tours, there is simply no better place for visitors to spend their vacation.

ECBR

Written by ECBR

Topics: Ambergris Caye Hotel