Test-Drive Island Living During a Chill Weekend
Learn About Living in Ambergris Caye
Experience first-hand what it’s like to live on Ambergris Caye Island during a Chill Weekend. This three-day weekend is jam-packed with useful information about living, retiring and investing in the “Best Island in the Americas” (Travel and Leisure 2009). Ambergris Caye was also ranked the #1 island in the world by TripAdvisor for 2013 making this quaint and chic seaside town a must-see destination.
During a Chill Weekend you will:
- Hear from a select group of expats and real estate professionals already living and working on Ambergris Caye Island.
- Check out the affordable luxury properties in the Grand Baymen community that cost up to ½ the cost of buying on other Caribbean islands.
- Get the answers to all your questions about living, retiring or investing in the Grand Baymen Community.
Book Your Weekend Today & Fall In Love With Island Living
You’ll spend the weekend exploring the charming town, hearing from the experts in the fields of overseas real estate and offshore asset protection, and even watch the sunset on the rooftop of Caye Bank with cocktails and new friends.
Sounds like a good time, doesn’t it?
Don’t miss out on the fun. Join us for an upcoming weekend in 2014 and 2015:
- December 12-14, 2014
- January 18-20, 2015
- February 13-15, 2015
Let’s take a look at what you’ll be doing during a Chill Weekend. The weekends begin on a Friday afternoon and end on Sunday morning.
• Friday: When you arrive at the San Pedro, Ambergris Caye airport, simply grab a taxi for a five minute ride to your hotel. We’ll meet at Crazy Canuck’s Beach Bar (onsite at the Exotic Caye Beach Resort) for a pre-dinner reception, followed by a delicious welcome dinner in town later that evening.
• Saturday: After breakfast, you’ll learn more about the Ambergris Caye lifestyle, Qualified Retirement Program (QRP), banking, healthcare and business culture in Belize from experts at Caye International Bank and Georgetown Trust. There will be ample time to get all the answers to your questions during this round table format. After the morning presentation, we’ll go on a golf cart tour through the town of San Pedro and stop at a local restaurant for lunch. Afterwards, you’ll have the chance to learn more about Grand Baymen and take a tour through the community. Later in the evening we’ll enjoy a sunset cocktail party on the rooftop of Caye Bank.
• Sunday: Sunday is dedicated to one-on-one meetings with the experts and enjoy a guided snorkel trip (including snorkel gear, boat captain and snorkel guide. Please note that this snorkel trip will at an additional cost). You’ll also have time to explore San Pedro and Ambergris Caye until it’s time to catch your flight home. You may want to extend your trip and stay for a couple more days. If so, there’s a Sunday afternoon Beach BBQ with live music that you’ll be able to enjoy.
You can book a Chill Weekend in 2015 for only $350 USD per person including tax or $440 USD for two people including accommodations. This price covers the cocktail party, three meals, and brief but informative presentations.
Grand Baymen also includes, at no additional cost to you, a local tour of our Isla Bonita, and some fun entertainment!
Want to stay with us a few extra days at our oceanfront resort, Exotic Caye Beach Resort, or garden community, Grand Baymen? Visit us during the April-November months, and get a 30% discount on your stay as a Chill Weekend attendee on nights pre/post our program.
The special Chill Weekend Rate for a standard suite is $115/night at the Exotic Caye Beach Resort during high season and $150/night to stay in a new suite at Grand Baymen. Please keep in mind that accommodations are not included in the Chill Weekend program price. If you would prefer to stay at another resort simply visit http://belizehotels.org/view-all-hotels/ and book yourself a room at the resort of your choosing. Our Chill Weekend program begins and ends at the Exotic Caye Beach Resort and transportation on the island is entirely your responsibility, so please don't stay in a resort too far away. The island is bigger than it looks!
Since we’ll be spending the weekend on a Caribbean island, we suggest that you wear casual and comfortable, but neat attire. For the ladies, walking through the sand in heels may be a challenge, so we recommend comfortable sandals.
Side Trips: If you decide to take a snorkeling or fishing trip to experience Belize’s famous underwater wonders, we’ll be happy to arrange it for you. Just ask the front desk staff at the Exotic Caye Beach Resort and they will gladly assist you.